• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC Color Profiles??

pure_media

Where do you get your color profiles from?
I'm in my 4th week at a small print shop and my boss ordered some new anti curling banner material. I'm having trouble finding a color profile for it. I looked on Fellers, where she bought the product from, but couldn't find anything. It's not a big brand, maybe Fellers brand. It's called POP-UP it's 10Mil Semi-Gloss Non-Curling synthetic Polyester Banner Material. I've called Fellers and they are going to get back to me.
My list of color profiles is only about 27 profiles long. I think that is rather short. Is there a database or site where I could find many different profiles? Or do I need to test and see what works best and create a profiles myself?

Thanks guys! :thumb:

BRUSHMARKS

i would try a profile that you would use for a pos pro material, rough the same material. We have the same pop up material and i just used our pos pro settings.

pure_media

Thanks, i'll check that out after this second test. I tried a first test using a generic banner profile, the print wasn't as crisp as it could be and it came out very wet. So i made some adjustments for this second test. hopefully it'll at least help the wet ink problem.

thanks

PrintDSM

POP-UP profile for VS-540

I've been looking for the POP-UP profile for our VS-540 as well. Fellers sent me a link to the Intelicoat site and suggested the POS PRO profile as well. I have it loaded on our XC-540 but it doesn't look like they make one for the VS machine. I'm currently printing on that material using the standard matte photo paper profile and it works ok but doesn't come out very crisp. My XC machine is showing a lot of banding right now so I need to use this machine for heavier production this week.

Suggestions on a better profile since Intelicoat's website doesn't have one for me?

danno

I have found that the Pop-up brand from Fellers doesn't really like ink saturation. I used one that I had written for the MetroMark material that worked fine.