• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC Profile for backlit printing on Mutoh 1624

Tint Boss

I have a Mutoh ValueJet 1624. Im using Flexi Sign 10. for the past 10 years I have been using Mimaki printers and normally inside the rip software I was able to set it to print a second layer of ink to insure that when the sign lit up that the artwork was not bleached out. Does any one have an idea using this Mutoh 1624 how I can achieve this? I tried downloading an icc profile made for backlit signage but it isnt giving me the desired effect, can anyone offer some advice. Thank you.

401Graphics

In flexi 10.5 you can set the strike count from 1 to 9
Or in your printer menu, setup, strike count. (at least that is how it is on my mutoh 1204)

lctypesetting

My 1608 has an option in setup for multistrikes as well. It will do anywhere from 1-9. If you ever use this option, be aware that you will most likely need to change it back to 1 after you are finished with the job. (my printer doesn't reset, and I have paid the price in a wasted job or 2 before learning my lesson)