• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ICC profile for JV33 using Oracal 3164G

tpllc

We just switched back to SS21 inks from triangle inks. Triangle inks were clogging the lines and there was air in the cartridges cause ink drop outs..
We used the avery profile and everything printed great with the triangle inks..We were printing 6 pass 540 resolution bi-directional and the print time was great and the print quality was great.. Only reason we switched from triangle was due to the clogging lines and air in the cartridges.
I used the same profile for mimaki SS21 and the black comes out way too light almost grey and there is tons of banding from running bi-directional. So i downloaded and installed the ICC profile from mimaki and from oracal for the 3164g the print quality is 720 min. and it take forever to print and there is still banding. Its mostly the black that is happening in.

Do any of you use a different profile that has better results with the Oracal 3164g using Mimaki SS21 inks?
Ideally we want to print 6 pass 540 resolution bi directional.
Thanks for your help.

Terremoto

A lot of banding problems can be solved by setting up the "media compensation" from the front panel on your JV33. Run a test print, adjust the media compensation up or down until the banding disappears and Bob's you dog.

Dan

tpllc

Hello Dan,
Its not the media comp.. Its a problem with the profile and bi directional.. I have attached a picture

Attachments

• 20121012_130146.jpg
    20121012_130146.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 82

mustafade

We just switched back to SS21 inks from triangle inks. Triangle inks were clogging the lines and there was air in the cartridges cause ink drop outs..
We used the avery profile and everything printed great with the triangle inks..We were printing 6 pass 540 resolution bi-directional and the print time was great and the print quality was great.. Only reason we switched from triangle was due to the clogging lines and air in the cartridges.
I used the same profile for mimaki SS21 and the black comes out way too light almost grey and there is tons of banding from running bi-directional. So i downloaded and installed the ICC profile from mimaki and from oracal for the 3164g the print quality is 720 min. and it take forever to print and there is still banding. Its mostly the black that is happening in.

Do any of you use a different profile that has better results with the Oracal 3164g using Mimaki SS21 inks?
Ideally we want to print 6 pass 540 resolution bi directional.
Thanks for your help.
I agree with you..! Triangle is causing air in the lines and they are claiming no problems being reported with their cart's.
As far as your problem goes..! Have you tried 540x1080 6 pass setting. I print almost everything on this setting and I am quite happy with results.
Every so rarely, I get the similar but not exact result wht is on your picture but that is totally color depended.