• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions ICC Profiles

Blazing_Murph

Hey, we've been running a Mimaki JV300-160 with Eco Solvent inks using Rasterlink 6. I know Mimaki isnt the greatest at providing Color Profiles but we basically run the same profile for all of our calendered vinyls. I was just wondering if anyone else has this set up and what profiles they run for basic vinyls (ie. Oracal 3169RA). Our costumer service team has just been explaining to customers that our printer "is going to print a little dark" and its frustrating to not have consistency. Thanks, any help on finding Mimaki ICC profiles (tested) in general would be helpful as well.

CL Visual

Make your own profiles. I'm not familiar with rasterlink but I would assume you can. Go get yourself an i1 densotometer and get to work. It's not quick but the results are amazing when done right. I like having individual profiles for all my medias. I just had an oki colorpainter m-64s installed and now I have to do all new profiles again.

As far as everything printing dark, that may be in the way you export files. I would try rgb, cmyk, adobe 1998, Srgb, sheetfed coated cmyk, etc. The fix may be as simple as that. On my Roland, I found that RGB files print the most vibrant.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hey, we've been running a Mimaki JV300-160 with Eco Solvent inks using Rasterlink 6. I know Mimaki isnt the greatest at providing Color Profiles but we basically run the same profile for all of our calendered vinyls. I was just wondering if anyone else has this set up and what profiles they run for basic vinyls (ie. Oracal 3169RA). Our costumer service team has just been explaining to customers that our printer "is going to print a little dark" and its frustrating to not have consistency. Thanks, any help on finding Mimaki ICC profiles (tested) in general would be helpful as well.

If you want consistency over all your media, you should be either creating your own or paying someone to create some for you.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Create your own profile(s).

Should solve your “printer printing darker”
Ink limits, color being correct, etc

You should also check the color spaces you are working in. I’d recommend SWOP v2 and Adobe 1998

Would also recommend that you invest time to learn the basics of color management.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Let’s try this analogy....

Treat this like a dart board.

Profiles provided by manufacturers get you on the board and maybe really close to a bullseye. However, if you what to hit that bullseye, you will need to create your profiles.
Now if very close is good enough, then you are good to go

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Let’s try this analogy....

Treat this like a dart board.

Profiles provided by manufacturers get you on the board and maybe really close to a bullseye. However, if you what to hit that bullseye, you will need to create your profiles.
Now if very close is good enough, then you are good to go

I've not seen an accurate "canned" profile. they're all "good enough" to get you started.