Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICC Profiles

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Goatshaver, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    So I'm using a SP-540V and well I'm finding that, because of age?, I'm having a hard time finding proper media profiles for my vinyl. (ie Arlon DPF 4560 GT).

Does anyone have a good resource of profiles to download? and if you can't find a proper profile what settings do you use? (Just for general vinyl printing no special materials)

Tags:
  2. Pauly

Pauly Colour Guru

Feb 14, 2016
    Melbourne
    canned profiles suck. Make your own. A small investment in a spectrophotometer can go a long way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    I've probably used an entire roll testing different profiles and tweaking them over the years. I found that 3M-IJ180-C was pretty close using Flexi for my SP-300V. But had to tweak it some using an i1 to get it "perfect". I use that profile 99% of the time unless I am printing a graphic from Aurora that is blue since it makes it print purple.

4. Terry01

Terry01 Member

Jun 14, 2016
    new zealand
    Pick any profile that suits your needs..or edit the profile to suit etc. YOU TELL YOUR PRINTER HOW MUCH INK TO LAY DOWN!! it doesn't tell you

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Agreed but if you have to use a canned profile the 3M ones tend to have the brightest colors and high saturation in my experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Thanks guys! I'll check some of those 3M profiles out.