• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ice cream maker needs printing help

MikePro

+1 to comments referencing Avery printable labels. The OP most likely already has a desktop printer, only needs 30 or so labels at a time, and is printing a label for a disposable product.... seems like a no brainer here to make your own. Save a buck continuing to outsource your 1000-prints, but make your own labels here & there to keep the specialty flavors rolling out!

DerbyCitySignGuy

Why are we helping an ice cream guy find the cheapest possible product?

I think the bigger question is: why does anybody even care?

You think they're going to order something from you? No, they're not. The best you can do is make a recommendation and send them to their local sign shop (and potentially help a little guy). Barring that, avoid the thread, maybe?

Also, pretty sure it's a gal.

I think the bigger question is: why does anybody even care?

You think they're going to order something from you? No, they're not. The best you can do is make a recommendation and send them to their local sign shop (and potentially help a little guy). Barring that, avoid the thread, maybe?

Also, pretty sure it's a gal.

My bad. Changed original post to reflect the correct gender. RIP Signs101 Voting for name change to Signs 102. Feel like this thread would have been removed previously, not the same anymore.

Bly

The HP Latex 3100 would do the job. You will also need a laminator and a Zund cutter though.

sobegirl

Ok, what I did was get this weather proof labels form Uline. the box of 100 cost me 100 dollars . they are 8.5 x 11 inch sheets. I have to print like 20 labels on each sheet, cut them carefully with an Exacto knife and then peel them off. Its a pain in the ass and most of you are correct. I should just go out and buy a thousand and be done with it. I am using my brother lazer printer and the ink seems to be "waterproof" enough to last in the freezer.

Here's a job I have for a printer. Please let me know if you can do it.

I need to stick vinyl, sort of like what is put on a car wrap, onto a small Chest Freezer. The chest Freezer is white and the size is 5.2 cubic feet. Here is a link to the freezer. https://d2j6tswx2otu6e.cloudfront.n...450/cc16/cc16d7f1bbfa4cdb89e71f08f58fdbde.jpg

Front of Freezer is 29" X 29"
Top of Freezer is 29" X 29"

Can I get just one of each? My dilemma is Im not rolling out 1000 freezers to stores. I have to start very small and go one at a time. Is this possible?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
YOU....... need to go to a business counselor. You need help in many areas and signs is just a minute part of it.

sobegirl

Ok, I need a quote. I need 10 pieces of 29" X 29" sticker labels that I can put on the freezers. Something like a car wrap application but in 29 in x 29 in size. If you could give me a ball park price I will send the graphics over after that. Thanks. Im serious about this. Im not trolling.

ikarasu

Why dont you goto a local sign shop? Yes, 99% of the people here can do it - But you're going to be paying a lot for shipping, and wrapping it isn't as easy as you think... I would not attempt it if you havent wrapped anything.

Any sign shop in your area can do it, it's a simple print / laminate on vinyl. If you thought $1 per sticker was expensive though, you're not going to like the quotes you get for this job.

Billct2

I agree, you should find a local vendor for a project like this. You will have more control and if you develop a good relationship it will pay off on future projects.

Marlene

sobegirl, is there a forum for ice cream makers that you can point me to? I make signs and labels but would love to pick the brains of ice cream makers so I don't have to pay your prices for ice cream. Go to a sign company or a label company or better yet a Staples or Office depot to solve your problems.

MI Bearcat

You could go to a local print shop and have them print on digital vinyl on a color laser printer. They can cut them to whatever size you need with square corners. We print 12 x 18 sheets but the stock also comes 8.5 x 11.