• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Iceland Calling

ezkimo

Sign One said:
Welcome from NH- oooooh I want some OPAL! and Hardfisk! Panakukker! Brennavin! Klannur! (SP!)
Asta

Hi yeah i always go to my parents on sundays to have Kleinur og Kakó ;D

The terreble thing has happened in Iceland that they do not longer sell Blue Opal :( :( :( :( only red and green and yellow BUT they have Opal Liquor now i Love it

I have not heard of fish balls but we eat there eggs and we call it "Hrogn"
but we head sheep heads and sheep balls !

Attachments

• 09724.jpg
    09724.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 72

iSign

Welcome from Hawaii!

ezkimo said:
...we eat there eggs and we call it "Hrogn"
...just a little advice, you may not want to tell too many people :rolleyes:

Sign One

Hi

ezkimo said:
Hi yeah i always go to my parents on sundays to have Kleinur og Kakó ;D

The terreble thing has happened in Iceland that they do not longer sell Blue Opal :( :( :( :( only red and green and yellow BUT they have Opal Liquor now i Love it

I have not heard of fish balls but we eat there eggs and we call it "Hrogn"

Really you never had fiskarballurs (sp) my Amma used to make them, and you could get them in a can. Kind of like a starchy dumpling. Now how about svidth, isn't it goat brains or something- yuk! I love blue opal best, do you know why they stopped making them? Gotta try the liqueur, yum!
oh and we cannot forget the honkeykyut- smoked lamb, I LOVE that! Is that something everyone in iceland likes or just my family? OK done rambling back to work to dream of hardfisk!

Marlene

Hi from Vermont, don't feel bad if you've never heard of it, most people think it's a city in upstate New York.

ezkimo

Sign One said:
Really you never had fiskarballurs (sp) my Amma used to make them, and you could get them in a can. Kind of like a starchy dumpling. Now how about svidth, isn't it goat brains or something- yuk! I love blue opal best, do you know why they stopped making them? Gotta try the liqueur, yum!
oh and we cannot forget the honkeykyut- smoked lamb, I LOVE that! Is that something everyone in iceland likes or just my family? OK done rambling back to work to dream of hardfisk!

Fiskibollur is just like meatballs just made with fish :D but sheep balls are sheep testicals.

Hangikjot is on our table 2-3 times a yaer and aways on christmas it is really good. Svið is a boiled sheep head including eyes, tounge, brain, and ears.

The ppl (not icelandic) that make some to get that special blue Opal taste did stop making that stuff ! And no one else makes that thing. so we cant make it anymore

Sign One

Thanks

ezkimo said:
Fiskibollur is just like meatballs just made with fish :D but sheep balls are sheep testicals.

Hangikjot is on our table 2-3 times a yaer and aways on christmas it is really good. Svið is a boiled sheep head including eyes, tounge, brain, and ears.

The ppl (not icelandic) that make some to get that special blue Opal taste did stop making that stuff ! And no one else makes that thing. so we cant make it anymore

It will be great to have you here when I have questions about my heritage!
Welcome Karl!
Asta