• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Icons vs Thumbnails ... Again

appropriate1

Running Flexi 19 and 22 subscription. I've always seen thumbnails for all files and suddenly, just all icons.

UI am aware of settings in Windows and can toggle back and forth on seeing desktop icons or thumbnails,
but the setting does not change my Flexi.

Spent 30 minutes on phone with Flexi to no avail.

Thought maybe I have too many files for viewing all those files as pics. Recently installed a new Graphtec plotter
but not sure it was at that moment they quit showing. It came with Master Cut (SAi program) which I have unistalled.

Restarts, etc. have been done.

Ideas welcome.

Thanks, Rob

unmateria

Hi, if you have more than 2048 files in a folder you have to increase icon cache size, deleite the cache (a .db file) and restart (i dont remember the registry key but just google it, it was very common problem years ago).

appropriate1

Thanks for the advice. It occurred to me that it was along those lines. Did it all and didn't not help, but still trying.
Appreciate the effort.

unmateria

Mmm then try microsoft process monitor to capture what Flexi tries to do. Usually is a permission problem or something like that. Dont be frighten, is a very easy to use yet powerful piece of software and you can find fast that kind of errors