• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Icut or similar

Ditchmiester

Does anyone have this technology on there CNC machine. We are looking into routers with this type of capabilities and I'm wondering what kind of success you have had with the technology.

ellsmako

The I cut vision system is great for saving time trimming your graphics, kiss cutting , contour cutting. BUT you have to match it with a capable machine. I have worked on a number of machine the worst of which was the Multicam with Icut. Being one of the first ( a few years back ) I had to endure the pain. Multi cam and Icut do not play nice , each blames the other for problems. Multicam is a pain to deal with. Now the Zund or Kongsberg are great matched with Icut. If you are doing signage you have to try them out on production you have and want to have.

rfulford

Multicam's Multivision camera works well. I use it with my Multicam 1000 and Enroute software. Its very accurate but cutting out of enroute is not quite as user friendly as ICut. The upside is that Enroute has many more features than simple 2D cutting than Icut.

Ditchmiester

I am looking at a cnc machine with their own proprietary vision system because the icut software being 10-15k to add to a router seems like a lot where the router i'm looking at they want about 5k to add a vision reading system. I will find out if they can accept enroute as a program to run the router and vision system. How accurate have you noticed the cut outs to be are we talking + or - .002 or .010? Thanks,

rfulford

Multivision is extremely accurate as long as you have the correct offset entered for the cutting tool. I add a bit of bleed to all my cut files so i can not say how accurate. I have cut some things without blleed and had no problems whatsoever. On the rare occasion without bleed where i had a problem, I just left the vacuum on and re cut with a slightly smaller offset. For example, I might cut with a .12" offset with an 1/8" bit instead of .125.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Cnc

We have extensive research and compare many CNC and finally settle down with AXYZ with its own camera system. The price is good and the quality is excellent. Our second choice is Multicam but we the iCut is expensive. Also with the same price I would choose Artcam for its wider user base and support (We returned Enroute within a week of install because the tech had some compatible problems).
Hope this would help.
Kent T.