• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Icut system on Multicam

SebastienL

Does anybody here uses Icut on their Multicam.

I have a problem with one job in particular. For some reason, the cut path is offset maybe 1/4" in the "x" axis on the machine when cutting. It reads the refeference dots ok. I've rechecked and resaved the print and the cut files (3 times) and I know everything line up as it should. I've used Icut to cut other jobs before and after this problem and all is A#1. Only this particular job is giving me problem.

If anybody has any ideas as to what I might be overlooking, I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Sebastien

synergy_jim

if its a consistent 1/4" just move the paths and leave the dots where they are and re output to the machine. Thats a quick fix...

joeshaul

Are you possibly mixing filetypes?

Something like the following scenario could happen:
Your design is in Coreldraw, you export to EPS for printing.
After printing, back in Coreldraw, you export to DXF for routing/cutting.
When using different file formats, things may happen, for example, the Bleed limit option in the EPS export settings may be checked, which causes your print to be a little bit wider and longer than normal, but this bleed value is then lost when you export from Corel to the DXF format.

SebastienL

Synergy_jim, I like the way you think. That's probebly what I'll do. I stil won't know what's wrong, but I won't have to deal with it anymore and the customer will get what he want and everyone will be happy.

SebastienL

Thanks to all who replied. The problem has been solved. Turns out it wasn't a file problem after all but more like an operator problem. For some reason, my operator got an overtravel error both time he tried to cut it and kept on going anyway. Stupid stepper motors skipped a few kogs and didn't stop so everything was off. I went and cut the third time with no problem.