• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Id A Font - 'fire Truck Bold'???

BryanM

Hello,
Google brought me to this amazing resource ...

We are trying to identify the font here, or something very similar. When the truck was bought about 25 years ago. Someone thought it was 'Fire truck bold' but I can't find anything like that.

What do you folk think?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Font1.JPG
    Font1.JPG
    406.8 KB · Views: 217

letterman7

Hand done. There are fonts that are sort of similar, but not really. If you're trying to recreate for another vehicle, I've often scanned and vectorized what was on the truck and cleaned up the letters so they are somewhat consistent.

That's hand lettered, "fire truck bold" was possibly the manufacturers name for that style at the time. You can start with LHF Bandit and tweak the lowercase a little to get close to the G in that font, but other than that I haven't found any commercially available fonts that will work for that one. The other letters in that font will be closer to something like ITC Quorum. I'm working on building a font that is close to this one, but I'm nowhere near finished. Another option, RJ Marx in Wisconsin will typeset their version of that font for you and send it in an eps file for an hourly labor rate.