• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'd hold off on upgrading to CorelX6

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Got another e-mail where Corel extended the $300 off discount until April 29. The screwy thing is when you click the "buy now" link it merely brings up the "upgrade" tabbed page for CorelDRAW X6. It doesn't say anything about the $300 discount from the full version plus free shipping if the boxed package is purchased. Strange.

Jackpine

I change when I feel the need and need added features. I use X3 everyday and have X5 on two of 4 computers in use. I will wait until I have a need. X3 is on XP, Vista and 2 windows 7 computers. X5 on Vista and Ver7. No problems and no real need, I'll wait.

Colin

I'm really liking the glyph & alternate character handling. Scroll over a letter, and if an alternate character is available, a small black triangle appears, you click on it and all the alternate characters appear below! Sweet!

Attachments

• Alts.jpg
    Alts.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 98

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
According to this page, Corel is going to make its upgrade policy more restrictive. Basically they're going to adopt a two versions back approach. If you just have CorelDRAW X3 you might not be able to upgrade to version X6 after the 90 day X6 release introductory period expires.

This isn't quite as bad as what Adobe is threatening with its registered users (just a 1 version back and done thing). Still, I think these kinds of strict upgrade tactics are probably going to do more to eliminate sales than increase them. If a user doesn't feel a certain upgrade is worth it he may just keep using the old version of software he has indefinitely. Then when he finally does need to upgrade he may buy a competing product since he has to purchase the full version all over again.

Terremoto

It's buggy as hell. I have the 64bit version and it crashes a lot. I've tried several times to import a simple .eps file and it locks up. I have shut it down and reopen every time.

Anyone else having issues with it?

Have had it in production here for more than two weeks without any problems at all. Haven't found any bugs yet and it certainly gets a workout around here.

As a matter of fact it's a lot snappier than X5 and I'm really liking it.

Running 64 bit version on Windows 7 Pro SP1 / Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz / 16 GB Ram

Dan

J

john1

Have had it in production here for more than two weeks without any problems at all. Haven't found any bugs yet and it certainly gets a workout around here.

As a matter of fact it's a lot snappier than X5 and I'm really liking it.

Running 64 bit version on Windows 7 Pro SP1 / Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4 GHz / 16 GB Ram

Dan

EXACT setup as i am running lol

SignManiac

The one problem I had was a file that kept locking it up. It was a vector file I tried to import. Apparently it was created in Adobe and was version 10?

Otherwise no other consistent issues.