Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Idea for an Inexpensive Charcoal Air Scrubber / Filter

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by equippaint, Apr 25, 2019.

1. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    Here's an idea if anyone is looking for a good air filter for their print area. It takes the VOCs and smells out of the air pretty good and is not expensive. You may need more than 1 if you have a large room but there are plenty of online calculators to determine the cfms and recommended air exchange rate.
    I just vent ours back in the room, its about the same as having a large P95/OV mask sitting in the corner. From what I read, the filter should last 1-2 years.
    Filter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5OBM37/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Blower: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FPFVZTZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    IMG_3930.jpg

Tags:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    Yeah, you'll be "printing" the green if you follow the drift of the product literature.

3. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    I figured that Id be suspect and joked to my wife that the Feds are going to come and raid my shop after this purchase.

4. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Good idea. The fan could also be used to pull air out of my basement in the summer.

5. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    CA
    If they haven't since you replaced all the lights in your paint booth with grow lights, they have bigger fish to fry. LOL

6. White Haus

White Haus Formally known as RJPW..........

Apr 6, 2018
    Winnipeg
    Thanks for this, will check it out.

A while back we were looking into an air scrubber for the shop to get rid of printer fumes and there weren't any options under $5k.

This would definitely be worth experimenting with, even if it takes a few of them to get the job done.

7. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Hah, we've been using one of these to accelerate drying times on our prints for over a year. We've rigged up a mesh shelf which the printed roll sits on, then blow a fairly strong gust of air through the loosely rolled print for a couple of hours.

8. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    I don't think my employer would like it if I started setting up my grow equipment in my office.

9. chartle

chartle Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Pgh
    Here is my solution. Its a Lakeair air filter hooked up to my printer using hoses and fittings for a saw dust collection system. I put 2 thick charcoal filters in it and it really kills the smell from my Mimaki solvent printer.

I also put it on a timer so it only runs for the 8 hours i'm in the shop.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1