• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

idea for our new logo

signguy35

I am trying to come up with a new logo for our company when we become partners and i just wanted your opinions. i like the top. he likes the bottom format. your thoughts please.

Attachments

• ourlogo.jpg
    ourlogo.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 110

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The two bottom efforts are dreck. The top one looks like a logo for a trucking company.

Billct2

Sure you want to go with A&P?
Maybe one of these will give you some ideas.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 186

James Chrimes

I like the idea of the top one also. I think the over dark shadows on the bottom ones throw them off. Try a lighter shade. The word graphics before signs also seems odd. The statement above is correct about the &'s.

Attachments

• A&P SIGNS.jpg
    A&P SIGNS.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 163

signguy35

we were going with AP but we want to be able to use our name for the website. and AP graphics is already taken. im not sure why when we were talking about it to go without the sign pluralized. Thanks for the responses.

Jillbeans

Top one, with the ampersand at the same angle.
Make it some other color than baby poop brown.
Like a bright orange.
Lose the secondary inline outline.
Use a font like Chesham Sans for the sign part.
The other two are just nasty. Especially the bottom one.
Love....jill

SAR.Summerlin

I like the idea of the top one also. I think the over dark shadows on the bottom ones throw them off. Try a lighter shade. The word graphics before signs also seems odd. The statement above is correct about the &'s.

:goodpost:

I like this one. neither of the original options are working. I would scrap and start over. If you are using A&P just because of the website how about apgraphics-signs.com or something like that. I don't think you need the double & even if one is and the other & still not working.

Same response here. The top one for sure. I pretty much like it just the way it is, more or less. A little tweaking and you will have something good. To me the angle screams creativity and approaching things outside the box.

The bottom two aren't great, but I do like the A&P on the bottom one as opposed to the middle one. And about the sub-copy on the bottom one...Ouch! Even Comic Sans might look better and more refined than that inner city subculture crap. That would project anything but professionalism to me.

genericname

Top's the closest to the mark. I'd lose the ampersand, as it's too close to the grocery chain.

The bottom one even being considered would have me revisit my relationship with the business partner.

signguy35

well im not in canada so i have no idea what grocery chain that is. but i took some of your ideas. less tilt added "and' and made the signs plural. i like to design in white and black to keep it simple then add color to pop. the top is the original then the bottom two are just some different tweaks. thanks for the honest replies.

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 155

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's an American grocery chain, now found primarily on the East Coast, if I'm not mistaken. Started back in the 1850's. Was the first chain ever in the world and was by far the biggest in it's day. Odd you never even heard of it.