• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Ideal Blade for Cutting Clear Vinyl?

I'm not an experienced cutter when it comes to our machine (Mimaki CJV30-130) so a little guidance would be great. Customer wants their logo reverse mounted on plexiglass for use over the reception area. Final cut size is about 24 x 60 but the logo has a lot of curlicues and flowing serifs.

Any idea what blade angle I should get for this? We have 2-3 used (and likely dull) blades around the shop but not a lot to choose from.

thanks

Sign Shop Guy

Sign Shop Guy
What is the vinyl thickness? This will determine which angle is best used.
I'm also having this issue with a sticker job I'm trying to run. I've never had this issue because I would never laminate stickers, now the customer is asking and willing to pay for lamination, only is I can't keep the cut quality consistent. After lamination we are sitting at about 6.2mil in thickness, calendared vinyl is 3mil and the laminate is 3.2mil. I'm also starting to wonder if I'm using the wrong blade for this operation because I have seen stickers like these be done and cut with application paper on top as well.