• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas and suggestions please...

buck-ejit

Ok I am going to post a link to another thread I started I have herd some good reports about the Roland products and I would like for some of the very knowledgeable people in here to point me in some sort of direction.

First off I will give you my background. I Work for a company that builds buses and we only supply ourselves with labels So we dont work with Joe Public. Because of this we are kind of outside the loop in the world of Vinyl cutting and Large scale printing. I inherited a Graphtec FC7000-100 when I got the job 2 years ago, I needed a job after 18 years in the Kitchen manufacturing business owing to the current economic climate. So I have no background in graphics. In the thread I will post at the bottom of it you will see some pictures of the various kinds of labels we make, the only thing we can do atm is cut vinyl and use P-Touch. So this is why I feel we could Buy a printer as I would like to expand our current jobs to Large scale wraps which we currently buy in from outside companies. Please read the thread and give me your views ...

TIA....The questions I have are in the linked thread....

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1082058#post1082058

Last edited:

Craig Sjoquist

Even though you have good backing with company & clients etc.

Your biggest challenge is the software & design & installation & learning all means & ways of printing & signs etc.

Saying there is a huge learning curve printing ..learn how to design for it ..build software & fonts .. build your clients ..build everything before ya venture into doing your own printing.

Billct2

To go from doing those types of graphics (which you apparently have little experience with as it is) to doing bus wraps is like going from installing a new faucet in a kitchen to doing $100,000 complete custom kitchen remodel.

buck-ejit

To go from doing those types of graphics (which you apparently have little experience with as it is) to doing bus wraps is like going from installing a new faucet in a kitchen to doing $100,000 complete custom kitchen remodel.

Thanks for the replys guys.

I wont actually be fitting the wraps myself We are going to employ qualified Graphic fitters. With regards to the knowledge side of things I am willing to do any courses I can to enable me to learn. I already had a design background as I used 3D graphic software for my kitchen designs..So I am not completely clueless. I have also been in the job for 2 years and use Flexisign every day