Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas for a donation recognition sign

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Justin Hamelton, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Justin Hamelton

Justin Hamelton New Member

Nov 16, 2017
    iowa
    ooking for some of your ideas on this. I've had several running through my head and am not sure the best route to go. Our schools PTO used their funds to build a new shelter house. They have asked me to make some sort of sign they can post on it to show that. They have left it up to me on how to do it. I thought about engraving it on colored medal and sticking it on a piece of wood (like a plaque). I'm afraid something like that would not hold up to the elements though. I'm thinking my only option for longevity is going to be good ole oracal vinyl on a plain piece of metal. Just seeing if anyone might have another idea. I obviously want it to look as good as possible, but it will live outside in the brutal Iowa weather [​IMG]

Tags:
  2. HDvinyl

HDvinyl Trump 2020

Nov 20, 2008
    halfway house.
    Paint it on.

edit: Never mind, read again and saw shelter, which I assume has no walls.

3. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    :doh: In what world does cut vinyl last longer than an engraved piece of metal?

4. Justin Hamelton

Justin Hamelton New Member

Nov 16, 2017
    iowa
    I was actually just worried about the wood I would be attaching it to. That’s when I was thinking of going the “plaque” type route. I suppose I could just engrave it on metal and not put it on wood. That would be better than vinyl. Where can you find metal blanks of different colors, that when blasted, show a different color?

Ive attached a picture of what it’s for. Thinking I will just attach it to one of the middle poles, facing inward.

Attached Files:

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Use a Gemini cast aluminum plague. Not exactly cheap, but very nice looking and VERY durable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Do this. A small plaque is pretty cheap and will last as long as the shelter itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Second the cast aluminum plaque. A 5"x5" aluminum plaque retails for $85. Lifetime warranty from Gemini.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bannertime

bannertime "You guys do banners, right?"

Sep 8, 2016
    Arlington, TX
    That makes a bit more sense. I believe the other posters have given the best option then.