• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas For A Long Lasting Floor Film

Northwest

I have a client making a walk in "booth" at health clinics and they want the a full floor graphic with markings where the feet should be. Normally I would go with a 3m 180C along with 3M 3645 8 MIL overlam. 3M only gives this a 1-2 year lifespan. I would like this to last longer. Has anyone had any long term real life experience with this combo?

Anything else out there that people have had success with?

printhog

I have a client making a walk in "booth" at health clinics and they want the a full floor graphic with markings where the feet should be. Normally I would go with a 3m 180C along with 3M 3645 8 MIL overlam. 3M only gives this a 1-2 year lifespan. I would like this to last longer. Has anyone had any long term real life experience with this combo?

Anything else out there that people have had success with?
We've had great success with general formulations floor graphics laminates and films. In Home Depot. With forklifts. And I can't think of a more abusive environment. I once watched a home deep forklift driver turn his wheels on one of our graphics. Surprisingly it lived.

At issue is whether you want removability or permanence. You didn't say. But in my experience, gf films out performed 3M at every turn.

For a unique twist... Use a retroreflective base like oralite 5600 .. the reflective properties will make the floor graphics glow under the person's feet if there are overhead lights.. even better of you use 3M diamond grade 3970 LDP film. Over laminated with gf floor graphics laminate.

Try a sample. Your client will be impressed and you'll get more $.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

boxerbay

weve used oracal 3105ht high tack + fellers lamex 5mil polycarb laminate in high traffic areas with success.

akuarela

We've had great success with general formulations floor graphics laminates and films. In Home Depot. With forklifts. And I can't think of a more abusive environment. I once watched a home deep forklift driver turn his wheels on one of our graphics. Surprisingly it lived.

At issue is whether you want removability or permanence. You didn't say. But in my experience, gf films out performed 3M at every turn.

For a unique twist... Use a retroreflective base like oralite 5600 .. the reflective properties will make the floor graphics glow under the person's feet if there are overhead lights.. even better of you use 3M diamond grade 3970 LDP film. Over laminated with gf floor graphics laminate.

Try a sample. Your client will be impressed and you'll get more $.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Happy New Year Printhog,
I know the post is a bit dated, but wanted to ask you if the General Formulations material you're using is the GF 210, as it shows in the specs limited time. I will also need to use it on a similar warehouse environment. Thank you!