• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas for changeable sign on a trailer

I need ideas on how to fabricate a changeable sign for a box trailer. I want to be able to slide out the substrate and turn it over to be used for different events. For instance one event is a charity event and the charity logo would be used then the next week may be a paying event and the for profit side of the sign would be used.

I am thinking of using aluminum and pop-riveting some kind of track on the side of the trailer.

Any ideas on what to use for a track and how to secure the one end that must be left open to change the substrate.....or any other ideas at all??

Thanks

rjssigns

Did a batch of trucks using J-Channel. It is the type used to hang large mirrors. Perfect for holding sheets of coro or foam pvc.
3 sides of the frame were riveted with the last piece being fastened with TEK screws.
If the trailer is to be towed with the panels you will need to put some VHB tabs on the back to keep panel from bowing at highway speeds.

Why did I do this? This was prior to anti-graffiti coatings and trucks were going into vandal/tagging prone cities. Client wanted a quick solution. Sprayed bombed panel could be R&R'ed in minutes. Ta-Da!

Billct2

What Jhill suggested, open end is secured using screws into the wto horizontal tracks, they're designed for it.

Thanks for all the replies.

Ironchef...Do you know what the heading would be on your posts? I looked at a list of all the posts you have started and did not see anything.

ironchef

Sorry i didnt start the post i bumped it so i could find it later, lol

Attachments

• image-3260150270.jpg
    image-3260150270.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1691171333.jpg
    image-1691171333.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 95

ol'phart

You need the same type of frame they use on the side of city busses. Google sign holders busses and see what happens

MikePro

I like the sign comp extrusions for sliding panels in/out, like jill posted.
also a cool idea, is sign comp's "snap frame" that can be used for banners as well.

edited: buuuut I like Lightning's video post, suggesting the sign comp wall mount tension frame that we use for our oversized illuminated pylon signage... as it will most likely resist the elements, while driving on the road, better than my suggested snap frame kit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 11.13.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 11.13.07 AM.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 85