• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas for new tools.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
It is getting to be pretty slow as the winter time always is. It's time to take a good look at what the sign writers need that is not available.

I made this video to show a couple of thoughts I have. What do you think of it? any more ideas?

PMG

I put a 2$ bubble level on the big squeegee a long time ago.... just for that type of applications ......what would be the price for this type of tool and when people see it ...why would they buy it for your price when they could just add a 2$ level from the local harbor freight?

gabagoo

I am interested in that slitter as well. I have seen them at my screen printers but have never found anyone who sells them

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
did it rip the corner on the bottom left of the print?
No, the missing corner was because I went dumpster diving.:popcorn:

Yeah, what did you split the backing with?
That was a very rough prototype that I slapped together. I plan to get them made on a large scale if there is any interest for something like that.

You can also use it to slit the backing before placing on a sign blank to make using the Big Squeegee for center hinging much easier. It would probably come in handy for splitting the backing on wraps as well.

I put a 2$ bubble level on the big squeegee a long time ago.... just for that type of applications ......what would be the price for this type of tool and when people see it ...why would they buy it for your price when they could just add a 2$ level from the local harbor freight?
Yes, you can put a bubble on existing tools. I put them on the new ones for your convenience. The $3.50 extra hardly pays for time to mount it.

J Hill Designs

I use an old blade holder with blade from my pnc950...set blade depth in about 15 secs on a scrap of the same material and you are good to go :thumb:

Letterbox Mike

+1 for the splitter, we'd buy several, we have a number of customers who request split backing on decals and we're currently doing it with a cheap letter opener from the office supply store but they don't last long and the blades aren't replaceable. If yours was able to use a standard razor blade or #11 Xacto blade I think it would sell pretty well.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
+1 for the splitter, we'd buy several, we have a number of customers who request split backing on decals and we're currently doing it with a cheap letter opener from the office supply store but they don't last long and the blades aren't replaceable. If yours was able to use a standard razor blade or #11 Xacto blade I think it would sell pretty well.
I'm planning on a 5,000 piece order to see how they sell. I haven't got any prices back yet but I think they will sell for under $15. The blades will be made of cobalt steel and should last much longer than an Xacto blade. Blade replacement will be very easy and not much more costly than an Xacto blade.

Some of my trials have shown me that I need a special blade for this purpose.

Last edited:

signage

Let us know when you get them going! Do you need someone to test one?:) If so you can count me in!

Rojo

+1 on keeping us up to date on the slitter. I'm up for a couple whenever they are ready.