• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ideas for this kite?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Nylon kite - I'm not spending a lot of time on this. It's for a friend. He wants some wording on this nylon license plate. (you will see he tried to use a sharpie)

Vinyl - didn't stick
Heat vinyl - $256 kite, I'm not sticking this on my heat press
Screen print - I don't screen print plus there's seams and its not possible to get "inside" the kite

If I make him a stencil will spray paint stick? Otherwise I'm thinking of making him a vinyl stencil and telling him to use a sharpie. He only uses it a few times a year...

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3088.jpeg
    IMG_3088.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 255

rjssigns

I'd be curious if you find something that works. I made some vinyl decals for an inflatable wing that you can surf behind. Looks to be the same type of material. Super slippery material whatever it is. Told the client vinyl will stick as long as there's no movement. It went to a trade show booth and the client didn't mention he had issues.

Stacey K

I like making signs
That was my exact experience. It stuck until I pretended to put it in the bag...the corners were peeling.

unclebun

Stahl's makes Gorilla Grip-II heat press material which will stick to nylon. Presses at 320 degrees. Melting point of nylon is 515 degrees.

Jeremiah

I had a Kite Shop request heat transfer one of their kites. They told me nothing over 300 degrees and the value of kite was 500.00. I said Sorryi cant help you , have a nice day

Andy D

I would think a paint stencil, using flexible paint made for plastic would work...
I would definitely do a test run 1st & not make any promises.

edited to add: I would use regular cheap vinyl for the paint mask, being that it
won't stick anyways.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Update: I gave him a few choices including the Gorilla glue vinyl. He decided a stencil and a sharpie would suffice LOL

I am going to get a sample of the Gorilla Glue vinyl - very curious about that!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I am going to get a sample of the Gorilla Glue vinyl - very curious about that!

It's a very sad day in this world when gorillas are killed for their glue and tape. But being relatively high on the evolutionary ladder, they should have seen it coming with what's been happening to the black rhinos and the elephants and what not.

JB