Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas on how to make these...

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by NP_18, Aug 6, 2020.

1. NP_18

NP_18 Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Texas
    Have a client looking to do something very similar to the attached pictures. They want a few hundred flowers made and for them to last long term. I was thinking go metal and weld/paint, but wasn't sure if there was a better option? How would you go about it?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

What a cool idea!

3. John Miller

John Miller Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Branford, Connecticut
  4. NP_18

NP_18 Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Texas
  5. Rocco G

Rocco G Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Pennsauken NJ
    I'd get my local CNC guy to cut them out of 3/8" PVC (hdu would probably be too expensive thought the router could give some neat details), spray the flower yellow and then apply a digital print of the center portion of the flower. The stem could be plastic tubing and the leaves probably gotten from faux flowers at an arts/crafts store.

If you are stuck on metal then 1/8" aluminum with aluminum tube stems (welded to flower) and again plastic leaves from faux flowers. I'd stay away from metal myself because of sharp edges, etc. Also, I'd want to know their idea of long term. They might be thinking of anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of decades.

• Like Like x 1
  6. signman315

signman315 Signmaker

Oct 5, 2015
    Leonardsville, NY
    How about planting some daffodils? They do all the work themselves just water and dirt :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  7. NP_18

NP_18 Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Texas

I like the PVC route. Can get some 1/2" green pvc pipe for the stem. I never considered just getting plastic leaves that's a good idea.