• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Identify Installation Hardware

LoGl

Hey all,

I am looking for a particular piece of hardware and am just not sure if these were custom made. I can get them made...but was hoping not to have to reinvent the wheel. As you can see in my photos, the track/ channel that was used, I'm told is Unistrut. After searching through images and Unitstrut website...I'm not finding the clamp that was used. I have more images of the clamp, but I think you get the basic idea here. It inserts into the track, slide up and grasps on to an I-beam (one on either side of beam). Works like a charm.

Anyone have and idea where I might find these?

Thanks much....Lori

Attachments

• clamp1.jpg
    clamp1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 71
  • clamp2.jpg
    clamp2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 47
  • clamptrack.jpg
    clamptrack.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 59

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
It appears to be a machined extrusion...meaning that it's most likely a stock item somewhere.

Had it been totally machined from billet stock, then it would have been a custom.

JB

Typestries

Check your local electrical supply house......or mcmaster carr.

Google image "beam clamp strut" there are a bunch of varieties

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Pretty sure it's a rocker from an LS1.:Big Laugh

JK...

There are lots of I beam clamps from the various maunufactures...maybe replace that with one that's easier to find...?

MikePro

does the "replacement" need to be so beefy?
depending on what you're mounting, it doesn't look anything different than what you can get out of a toggle-bolt/beam-clamp.

LoGl

Thank you all who have helped me out here. I will continue searching through the different sources you have identified. At the end of the day do the clamps need to be precisely these type...no. But I am adding to a sign post that has existing signs on it and if I can easily find the same type...it just made sense. If not...I will find a way to make installation work. These clamps worked easily and perfectly so hoping to find and use them. If I do find...i will post my source.

It never ceases to amaze me how helpful fellow sing folks are. I thank you whole heartedly.
Lori

LoGl

Pretty sure it's a rocker from an LS1.:Big Laugh

JK...

There are lots of I beam clamps from the various maunufactures...maybe replace that with one that's easier to find...?

Here you go....yes...could be that I am supposed to be working on an engine...lol

But seriously....a couple of you made great suggestions...in the end, I think McMaster Carr is what I will go with....similar use product, not the beefiest clamp, but the weight load is fine to use something smaller.

have a great day all...

Attachments

• 0611_ghtp_06_z+ls1_engine_build+rockers.jpg
    0611_ghtp_06_z+ls1_engine_build+rockers.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 104