• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

identify my rotary cutter

netsol

about 3 years ago, we got a 60" rotary cutter thrown in when i bought a 44" seal laminator from an art gallery

the rubber roller needs to be replaced, but there is no identifying label on the machine

only one that says refer to owners manual...

any suggestions? the roller only contacts the pressure plate, not any media.

see pictures

Attachments

• 1009201216_Burst01_resized.jpg
    1009201216_Burst01_resized.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 1009201216_resized.jpg
    1009201216_resized.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 171

karst41

It looks kinda like a Dahle, MBM, Triumph.
Underneath the table top there should be a 1.5" x 2" decal with model number. the ending numbers would be like 0155 for a 61" media trimmer.

I have tried to get a new knife edge for mine and it has been so frustrating as to
who actually makes these, and then to get parts, that I will simply buy a new one.

Mine has a 1/64 arc in the center from making a zillion cuts.

I recently added a brand new Rota Trim, and it is not as good as the MBM.
Nazdar had a Foster dual rotary trimmer at a give away price. Still not as good.

Look on eBay for wide format rotary paper trimmers.
There are two listings one from Whitaker Bros. and another out on the Left Coast.

Last edited:

netsol

thank you,
you got me at least searching in the right neighborhood

it appears it is a rototrim, perhaps a digitech series (or a chinese knock off)
b & h has the heads in stock, (and if i recall, it was thrown in when a purchased a seal 4000)