Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I hear this one more time.........

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Slamdunkpro, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Slamdunkpro

Slamdunkpro Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Out of the blue phone call from someone I've never dealt with looking for close in dated event signage, usually a non-profit or some kind of benefit. The conversation always goes to the same conclusion..."and can you just bill us?":covereyes:

Um, no.

Had to vent, I just get so tired of hearing that.

Tags:
  2. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    just say "sure, layaway is always an option." then just wait until they pay and say you'll need a few days to pick them up from storage.

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

You must be as old as your avatar........ Not many people have even heard of the word or term............. :ROFLMAO:

4. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    Posted by Briankb
    Sweet
    JR

5. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    I always used to use layaway for Christmas when I was a young mom.

This reminds me of the story someone on here told about some non-profit place calling them at the last minute to request they donate a banner, having bought a bunch of signs from another company.

Can I bill you? Yes, but I prefer cash in advance and for you, there's a rush fee!
    (insert maniacal laughter)
    Love....Jill

6. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    I took a printer in for repair and asked if they could get it fixed the same day and the response was pretty good:

'If you pay in advance it might motivate me to work on it.'

I thought that was pretty good.

Afterwards he wanted to add a rush fee but I declined.

The funny thing is I called in advance and asked about same day service and the price and he said he could do it and gave me a price. I otherwise would not have gone in.

:wine-smi: