• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If it aint broke... why fix it! X4

R08

Just got my Corel X4 today and right now I'm a little ticked.

One feature which is supposed to be better is font handling, which is a huge deal for sign people.
I think they've made it worse.

They call 'live' something but I hate it. More often than not, the font flyout itself is in the way of viewing the 'live' font change.And it's way slower than X3.

In X3 you could see the font change very quickly and easily in the flyout with your text as a sample (although not live on the document).

Anyone else find this irritating?

I hope X4 lets me change the feature back to they way X3 was cause this is really annoying.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Rob :Canada 2:

weaselboogie

Keep in mind that it changes the font IN YOUR WORK AREA, not just on the flyout. I like it because you can see how that font will look in your current layout.
Like a blind man in an orgy, you're just going to have to feel things out.

R08

haha

I guess I'm the one thats gonna have to change and get used to it.

Maybe I'm gettin to be an old dog.

I did actually find a way to make it nicer. I drag the property tool bar to my other screen.. Then its out of the way at least.

Rob