• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If it smells like sardines and dog rear end, it must be Corafoam

TimToad

Anybody else use Corafoam for their HDU signs?

Ever get a sheet that just reeks like sardines, or kind of skunky?

signman315

Signmaker
Anybody else use Corafoam for their HDU signs?

Ever get a sheet that just reeks like sardines, or kind of skunky?
Nope haven't had that one yet...but I sometimes receive ACM that when you remove the protective plastic it releases a strong odor of cigarettes. Must be a chemical in the adhesive of the protective sheet, I'm guessing...but definitely smells like an ash tray!

TimToad

Nope haven't had that one yet...but I sometimes receive ACM that when you remove the protective plastic it releases a strong odor of cigarettes. Must be a chemical in the adhesive of the protective sheet, I'm guessing...but definitely smells like an ash tray!

For sure. Like the dude at the assembly line is blowing smoke rings into the liner. LOL

Every so often a roll of 3M 8509 will smell like vomit when it pulls off the liner.

signman315

Signmaker
Haha yup I have a mental image of two dudes holding the liner up while the third blows smoke under it, then they squeegee down real quick to lock in the stench haha!

I haven't noticed it on the 8509, but on Oraguard 210M it when it releases off the liner a similar vomit-like smell, or maybe cat piss, perhaps a mixture of the two? Almost like it got wet in the warehouse and now has a strong funk....I used the 210 for 5-6 years before it started smelling like urine haha!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Latest boxes of IJ35c have a stinking feet - old wet sneaker smell when printing now. Was not this way before but for some reason all our boxes are marked in what I guess is Portuguese - 3M Brazil web addresses on them.

Last edited:

Sandman

I have to say Corafoam has a unique smell to it compared to others but I never thought it smelled like sardines and a dogs rump. Not the most pleasant odor but not horrible. Now 3M translucent vinyl... now there's a bad smell. But everyone perceives smell a little differently. I read about a survey once where they asked people to describe or rate the smell of skunk juice. The comments ranged from a little stinky to so bad they almost vomit.

sardocs

Yep! that's the stuff. What in the heck do they put in there that causes it to smell like that. I sure would not want to work in the factory that makes that tape and I've worked in tannerys and pulp mills..

Johnny Best

Hey Toad, does your dog eat sardines, might make him itch.
dogsmell.jpg