• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If it's Tuesday, then this must really be Wednesday...

SignManiac

Well we broke tradition and worked on the Plasti Plane which we have now unofficially named, "Really Ugly Betty". Made some great progress today. We finished covering all of the top wing surfaces, and reinforced the wings with cross bracing. We installed the tail wheel and then cleaned up the mess that was all over the floor/hangar.

It's now strong enough to turn upside down so that we can finish covering the bottom of the wings. We had our first minor injury today, Marcus got himself a plasti-cut on his finger. We think he's going to live.

I came up with a great idea today. If this thing is safe enough to get 2-3 thousand feet of altitude, we might have Marcus jump out, with his parachute of course, and film the plane crashing. We can put a video camera on the plane and have fifty cameras on the ground. I think this would make a great youtube video that might even go viral :)

Oh the fun this has been. So many possibilities exist!!!

Attachments

• CIMG2849.JPG
    CIMG2849.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 132
  • CIMG2851.JPG
    CIMG2851.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 114
  • CIMG2853.JPG
    CIMG2853.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 108
  • CIMG2854.JPG
    CIMG2854.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 128
  • CIMG2857.JPG
    CIMG2857.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 106
  • CIMG2859.JPG
    CIMG2859.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 92
  • CIMG2865.JPG
    CIMG2865.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 100
  • CIMG2866.JPG
    CIMG2866.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 92

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Still going strong.

After this what next?
Coro submarine?

wayne k
guam usa

forgot....
it is Wednesday here

John L

Is that your insurance guy we caught in that one picture?

Poor Marcus, I feel like I know him. - Marcus don't do it!

petrosgraphics

paint the sub yellow... we all live in a coro submarine........i think there is a song there, somewhere.........

before you fly this thing go to the doctor and get a COROPLASTY just to be on the safe side,no point in taking any chances

John L

Did I miss the suggest-a-name thread?

CoroPlane
CoroStream
CoroTravel
CoroJet
Aeroplast
Gulfplast
FearJet

Grumman Guppy
Used (loose homonym for Hughes) (as in used coroplast)
Dumbman (loose hom for Grumman)
Lockheed Marcus
Lofthansa
Losthansa
JetBlack&Blue
Air Marcus
Air Prayer
Praytheon
and maybe…. Boing

Good luck my friend. These are all in jest of course, no harm.

TheSellOut

Those names are too funny!! I see a movie here..."Flight of the ConCoro"!! Maniac you are letting this project overtake you! Get back to work...it's not Wednesday yet!

Have Fun and Safe Travels!! You have to video this for us!!

SignManiac

Did I miss the suggest-a-name thread?

CoroPlane
CoroStream
CoroTravel
CoroJet
Aeroplast
Gulfplast
FearJet

Grumman Guppy
Used (loose homonym for Hughes) (as in used coroplast)
Dumbman (loose hom for Grumman)
Lockheed Marcus
Lofthansa
Losthansa
JetBlack&Blue
Air Marcus
Air Prayer
Praytheon
and maybe…. Boing

Good luck my friend. These are all in jest of course, no harm.

John thanks for taking the time to offer up all those names, they're all great! I'm going to run them all by Marcus and see which ones are his favorites too. Everyone is better than the one before.

And not to worry, there's going to be video when this bird flies! Tomorrow I'm going to start on the nose art. Thinking about a vintage WWII nose are piece with a pin up girl but using a sexy crash test dummy head :)

SignManiac

Thank you Zeth but, if we can build a real plane from coroplast....it should be pretty obvious we can build a head stone from coroplast:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thank you Zeth but, if we can build a real plane from coroplast....it should be pretty obvious we can build a head stone from coroplast:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sounds like a good spin off company from your main business

CoroStone - "When you just can't afford granite"

wayne k
guam usa

Pat Whatley

Whatever happened with sponsorship? Didn't I see that at one point you were talking to a coro company about sponsoring this thin? They back out for liability issues?

SignManiac

Nope Pat. We haven't even attempted to contact sponsors yet. I'd like to make sure this pile of plastic will fly first before we embarrass ourselves. :) If it flies, sponsors will line up I'm sure.

Just out of curiosity, are you interested in sponsorship? :)