• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you are a Flexi ICC profile making wizard please read and respond

Nick761

Hopefully I can gather some onsite on this.. I am currently running Flexi 10 on a VJ1204. I recently purchased an i1 pro 2 to build my profiles with. I have no trouble scanning patches and going through all the steps required. The issue is when I actually click on generate ICC profile Flexi says profile creation failed. This is where I am stuck. I know SAI won’t help me because I’m on v10 so any help would be appreciated before I try the cloud based version.

FrankW

Could happen if some settings or readings are invalid. If you want to, you could send me your profile, so I could check it with Flexi 12 (on Thursday when I'm in the office the next time).

By the way: Flexi 12 isn't "cloud-based". It's activation is cloud-based, and it have cloud-features. The application itself is locally installed and can be used without internet connection.

Nick761

Hey thanks for the reply!

So I’m starting from scratch so I’m not quite sure what to send you. But what I have done is play with all the settings at the last tab with no luck. Tried icc version 2.1 and 4. My measurements are very close to what is displayed during scanning. All my printer defaults are set to not use color correction when printing patches.

So my only other thought was to try the cloud version for 1 month

AF

I would if I had the whole bundle. I only paid for the hardware through my dealer.

The license to use the software is on the device. You should see if you can download the x-rite software. It may work since you have the hardware.

Nick761

The license to use the software is on the device. You should see if you can download the x-rite software. It may work since you have the hardware.
I’ll look again, this i1 is an one unit for Onyx. Eo2hw. The device is the same but lacks software and license. I tried downloading the i1 profiler but no luck.

I should mention that I’m running Flexi 10 on Windows 10.

My dealer thinks the issue is that I’m running it on an unsupported OS

FrankW

There are different levels of functionality available with the i1 Profiler. If having an i1 device doesn‘t mean that you are able to create the CMYK-Profiles neccessary for large format RIP-Software, or any printer profile at all. The licence is on the device, correct, but not a full licence everytime.

If you have created a profile, you should have an according profile file in the folder ICCProfiles. That should contain everything someone need to check the profile.

Dont think that Windows 10 is the reason for the problem, but not shure.

Nick761

There are different levels of functionality available with the i1 Profiler. If having an i1 device doesn‘t mean that you are able to create the CMYK-Profiles neccessary for large format RIP-Software, or any printer profile at all. The licence is on the device, correct, but not a full licence everytime.

If you have created a profile, you should have an according profile file in the folder ICCProfiles. That should contain everything someone need to check the profile.

The I1 profiler program won’t let me activate at all, which is to be expected evause after all I did only pay for hardware and was an open version for onyx.

I should clarify that I have not been able to even create a profile. The only profiles I have are pre made.

Nick761

The Xrite software would be redundant if your rip was functioning correctly.
Exactly why I didn’t pay for X rite software when my Rip should handle it.

I think my only option here is to try the cloud version of Flexi. And the failure is at the very end of the profiling process, it fails to create a profile. No error code or and reason why.

netsol

you should, i think, be able to use flexi
your printer is a cmyk plus n device (6 color) so you need cmyk licence to use iprofiler

the device shows in flexi & allows you to select i1 profiler pro & go through the process of scanning swatches?
is it a licensed copy of flexi 10 or one of the cracked copies we sometimes see?
i wonder if it has permission to write to all the directories to create a profile?
try closing the program and right click the icon to start & run as administrator
i wonder if profiles are read only & need permissions changed?

Nick761

It’s a full version of Flexi 10, not cracked. I have the dongle and one box with key.

I’m going to try to run production manager in administrator mode and also turn on compatibility mode.

The i1 licensing isn’t an issue because I’m doing all my creation and profiling through production manager

Nick761

Oh and I to be clear I am not changing or modifying existing profiles. I am trying to make profiles from scratch.

Nick761

So went into the “cloud” version. I’m not able to make my greys neutral no matter what settings I use.

Also when I look at the gamut of a pre made profile it is larger than what I’m able to create.

Now that I have some made I can send them to you Frank.

Jlcaudle

To create profiles with the Xrite software one must have i1 Publisher minimum. I currently have and use i1 Publisher Pro 2 to create profiles in Flexisign and for Roland Versaworks. Flexisign has been the easiest to create profiles with by using the profile wizard.

Attachments

• i1.jpg
    i1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 485

Nick761

To create profiles with the Xrite software one must have i1 Publisher minimum. I currently have and use i1 Publisher Pro 2 to create profiles in Flexisign and for Roland Versaworks. Flexisign has been the easiest to create profiles with by using the profile wizard.
Let me ask you this...

How do your profiles compare to pre made profiles?

Example being, if I open up the profile viewer or whatever it’s called, I can see the the pre made profile has a fair bit more gamut than the profiles I have been able to make.

Am I missing something here?

I set my ink limits by chroma in i1 profiler.
That average around 80% to 90%. Total ink limit is 307%.

Jlcaudle

My profiles have a wide gamut. Very nice neutrals, grays and silvers. File size is comparable to downloaded profiles. I just got in a roll of brightline calendared vinyl from Grimco and created a profile for that. It turned out really nice. I will search for a document I had when I first started and see if I can get it to you. Perhaps it’ll help

Nick761

My profiles have a wide gamut. Very nice neutrals, grays and silvers. File size is comparable to downloaded profiles. I just got in a roll of brightline calendared vinyl from Grimco and created a profile for that. It turned out really nice. I will search for a document I had when I first started and see if I can get it to you. Perhaps it’ll help
here is what i'm talking about, granted this is one media... but for this particular media its really lacking in the reds.

I should mention that my printer is a VJ1204
upload_2019-4-20_21-2-41.png

FrankW

Now that I have some made I can send them to you Frank.

If you was able to create a profile with Flexi 12, than there is no need to send a profile to me to test it.

Grey: shure you check your samples under correct light conditions? Colour is reflected light, and ICC-calibration is based on light near daylight. Viewing colour samples under artificial light could lead to colour deviations, check it again under daylight.

Gamut: to which value have you set your ink limits?