• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If you are..

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Shopping for the lowest possible price....don't call me
Telling me you want to make a HUGE order and want best price, but only order one to see how I do... don't call me
Designed you file in Publisher...don't call me
Are in a car club... don't call me
Only Want to pay when you pickup that 3'x6' banner... don't call me
Want to use a banner instead of Flexface... don't call me
Want to "sit down" and design your vehicle magnets.... don't call me
Your indecisive about your designs and want to change them 100 times....don't call me
Want anything related to Camo... don't call me
Need a Calvin sticker in an hour... don't call me
Want "100 Banners for your church and want to pay via Money order"....don't email me

If you don't care about price and have camera ready artwork and want to make a deposit today...please, call me!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
WDF ??

This has only been discussed about a bazillion times already.

I know, I know..... I'm gonna get a "dislikes" button like Joy. :confused:

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Since I'm a humourless @$$hole... and since there probably are some people that will take this as sage advice... I'm doing it for the newbs.

Shopping for the lowest possible price.... - Sell your quality.
Telling me you want to make a HUGE order and want best price, but only order one to see how I do... -Charge full price on the first one, then offer discount when the rest come in.
Designed you file in Publisher... - If your GA is worth their salt... they can recreate anything... for a fee.
Are in a car club... - I just sold custom Hellcat graphics for an easy grand.
Only Want to pay when you pickup that 3'x6' banner... - 50% up front, every time.
Want to use a banner instead of Flexface... - Sell the right product, if they don't accept it it's their problem... but still an opportunity for sales.
Want to "sit down" and design your vehicle magnets.... - Charge $75/hour for "sit down" time. It usually weeds them out pretty quick.
Your indecisive about your designs and want to change them 100 times.... - Additional costs after REV 2.
Want anything related to Camo... - Seeing as it's illegal to use realtree, kind of dangerous.
Need a Calvin sticker in an hour... - sure... $300.00 cash.
Want "100 Banners for your church and want to pay via Money order" - Obvious scam is obvious.

papabud

Lone Wolf
how much to wrap my vw bug to look like hello kitty.. really that much i heard it would only be.....

now much just for some anime eye stickers instead.
omg are you trying to rob me?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
how much to wrap my vw bug to look like hello kitty.. really that much i heard it would only be.....

What if she shows up dressed as Hello kitty and watches the install? Any discounts??

ams

I actually had a lady wanting a hello kitty wrap. She was a pain in the ass, so I sent her to another shop and they did it for her. It looks awful.

skyhigh

When I read the 1st post, I had to scroll back up to see who wrote it.
Even the vague title, followed by the proverbial "................."

I think I know who Tex wants to see wearing that "Hello Kitty" outfit.

papabud

Lone Wolf
I was beginning to think I was the only one with those issues.

i am lucky i work in a bubble. we have very little contact with the end customer.
we normally dont do signs or odd jobs unless someone in house needs a sticker or banner for his kids football team.
i work for a bus dealership so we do buses. day in and day out.

modernimagesigns

you forgot the best one...If you own a racecar, dont call me!
Race cars are always welcome in my shop. I built my sign business by hand lettering, then cut vinyl, now wraps. A car with 10 sponsors, means I have contact with 10 potential customers. And with people in the stands, they see something cool, they become potential customers. Of course, it helped that I myself was a racer for 20 years, so I had an advantage with knowing my early customers. With that being said, I AM NOT criticizing you for not accepting racecars, there are several reasons to not deal with this niche, plus, as it has been told to me, it takes a different (maybe warped) mind to make a racecar look good.