• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ignore overprint?

gabagoo

In Flexi rip there is this box "Ignore overprint" that is always checked off. I have no idea what it means. What happens if I uncheck it?

Last edited:

gabagoo

so you mean that the layers would print together with nothing over anything else? I guess I should try and see what happens

SebastienL

If you ignore overprint, then you should be ok.
If a file as overprint setting in them, which is usually for press printing, and you don't ignore them, you will get screwed up colors.

Let's say that you are printing black text over a picture. In press printing with no overprint, the rip will put white "holes" in the picture for the black to go in. With overprint, the black will go over the colors, the rip won't leave white for the black.

Does this make sense?

CS-SignSupply

Check to ignore any overprinting that was set up in the design stage. This can be useful if you want to save the time and output media needed to do overprinting.

If you check Ignore Overprint, your output will automatically be changed so that it will not use features that depend on overprinting. For example, output that had been set up to use color trapping will now output untrapped.