• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IJ 180C vs. IJ380

mark in tx

I usually use the IJ180C-V3 and the 8518 laminate, has anyone used the IJ380 and 8580 film and laminate?
Did they work any better? Any worse?

Rooster

Ok, does it really work better for deep channels and concaves without the use of primer?

Yes at the expense of being so soft and pliable that it's more difficult to install. I had a chance to try it with a sprinter door and it goes down into grooves really well, but it's like trying to install unlaminated vinyl fresh off the printer.

Tim Boxeth

You can go to 3Mgraphics.com/samples and order sample rolls to try it out and see what you think. Both options will do what 3M says they can do. Hope that helps.

azcolor

It takes a bit of getting used to but once you have it down, its a lifesaver. Do exactly what Tim suggested get a sample and see for yourself. Do not be discouraged your first time trying it, we have some very seasoned installers that had to play with it for a while before falling in love.