• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IJ180C vs IJ180Cv3

daenterpri

I'm trying to decide what should be my standard media for wraps and high performance signage. Is there a difference in ease of installation between the IJ180C and IJ180Cv3? It LOOKS like IJ180C would be easier to install because the air channels look really big. Is that true?

johnnysigns

I like the plain C to install over the Cv3, but I don't get that choice that often. Biggest visual beef is you can see the air egress in the plain C. If that's of no concern, I'd skip the Cv3.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Both work fine. NEVER EVER EVER had a customer complain about seeing the egress pattern from the standard 180C. The "Version 3" is a little harder to remove from the backing paper at certain directions due to the uni-directional pattern and if you squeegee too fast the air tends to travel in small lines rather than dissipating evenly.

mudmedia

I heard 180c is harder to install as far as bumpers and such go but do not know if that is true? I prefer oracal 3751 over oracal 3951 but they are two different films.

mark in tx

The finished appearance of V3 really makes customers happy. That glass smooth look makes such a difference, and helps as a sales tool.