Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IJ180C vs IJ180Cv3

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by daenterpri, Mar 7, 2013.

1. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I'm trying to decide what should be my standard media for wraps and high performance signage. Is there a difference in ease of installation between the IJ180C and IJ180Cv3? It LOOKS like IJ180C would be easier to install because the air channels look really big. Is that true?

Tags:
  2. ProWraps

ProWraps Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    180c here. much faster to install and finishes better in our opinion. miles and miles served!

3. johnnysigns

johnnysigns Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2004
    East Coast
    I like the plain C to install over the Cv3, but I don't get that choice that often. Biggest visual beef is you can see the air egress in the plain C. If that's of no concern, I'd skip the Cv3.

4. Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps Kentucky Wraps

Mar 6, 2009
    Bluegrass
    Both work fine. NEVER EVER EVER had a customer complain about seeing the egress pattern from the standard 180C. The "Version 3" is a little harder to remove from the backing paper at certain directions due to the uni-directional pattern and if you squeegee too fast the air tends to travel in small lines rather than dissipating evenly.

5. mudmedia

mudmedia Active Member

Aug 15, 2008
    I heard 180c is harder to install as far as bumpers and such go but do not know if that is true? I prefer oracal 3751 over oracal 3951 but they are two different films.

6. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

:goodpost:

7. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    The finished appearance of V3 really makes customers happy. That glass smooth look makes such a difference, and helps as a sales tool.