• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

IJ380 vs. IJ180 for helmets

jay*doc

It really depends on what you intend on doing. If I am looking at a helmet that is a full face type, and I have a specific design with elements I want to fall in certain places, I would say the 180, and it will be at least 3 pieces, tastefully hidden in the artwork. If I am looking at that same full face helmet, but the design is very generic and elements call fall where they like, I'd use 380 all day.

I've used both, done full face, skull cap and kids baseball helmets, and even though the 380 conforms easier, I like the ability to heat the 180 better and it still retains it's strength.

Just my opinion.

Sparky

I use 180. I had a bit of sample 380 when it first came out, but I didn't like something about it, couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe strength was it, IDK. I have two helmets that have been out in the wind in open cockpit racers for 2 years and not one thing has popped up, lifted or started to fail.

K Chez

Thanks guys-I'm towards the end of the roll of my white printable, and wanted to get a pulse on how the 380 works in that situation as I have several helmets booked next month. 180 is still the best for me so far, although I have yet to use the v3. Always got to do it better!

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
380 is more "stretchy" for want of a better word. We wrapped a Kawasaki Tyrex without any primer as a test and it stayed down in the deep channels and contours. I am about to wrap my Suzuki M109R for a winter showroom showpiece and I would definitly use 380 over 180.

graphios

Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle wrap anyone? sq/ft?

Hi

Does anyone know where i could find square footage for cars or motorcycles wrapping?
I have to wrap a Suzuki Hayabusa and i cant figure out how much chrome vinyl i need to purchase.
I wonder if there is some online resource that tells me that.

Let me know

David B.
www.graphios.com

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Artstation had a square footage guide as a standalone product. http://artstation-vehicletemplates.com/purchase.html

Pro Vehicle Outlines also has a file with the square footages included with the Pro Vehicle Outlines. https://store.provehicleoutlines.com/

I know PVO does not have any bikes really. I'm not sure any of the main template makers do. Both are pretty pricey and if you mostly need motorcycles I'd say to keep looking. There might be a resource for bikes - never looked into it myself though.