• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ill 10 question

ridewraps

I am trying to setup an older computer here in the shop for my daughters to play/learn a little. I want them to learn Illustrator and I loaded ill 10 on the machine as that was what I had here in this building and everytime we try to open it it says missing shortcut, so I loaded cs2 it works, photoshop works everything but ill 10 I had it open earlier and was messing with some stuff in the preferences and must of hit something in there as to the startup. Does anybody know how to fix this I have uninstalled and reloaded several times and it is still not working. Any help would be great.

Thanks

mikey-Oh

missing shortcut on startup of windows or illi? wish i could help, but i'm really not sure what the error is

ridewraps

when you go to the program from the program list and click on illustrator 10 it will try to open and then it pops up missing shortcut click cancel it pops up another missing shortcut and on and on and on.

mikey-Oh

if you get the option to repair, just point the shortcut to (and this is a guess) c:\program files\adobe\illustrator\illustrator.exe

not sure if that's the right path for the system, depending on how you set it, but should work for default.

or delete shortcut and make a new one like wraps^3 mentioned

J Hill Designs

try these too:

Double click on My Computer on your desktop and open C:>Documents and Settings > User >Application Data > Adobe > Adobe Illustrator CS2 Settings. (Your version of Illustrator will be in the foldr name.) Inside this folder is a file called AIPrefs. Drag this file to the trash, and restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

You can also reset Illustrator’s preferences by holding down Shift + Control + Alt while launching the program. If you get a dialog asking if you want to delete the Adobe Illustrator settings folder, click yes to proceed. Restart Illustrator. Reset any custom preferences you want, and when you close Illustrator the preferences file will be regenerated.

Illustrator CS 2 allows you to save custom workspaces. Note that while this procedure resets the program preferences in Illustrator CS2 to defaults, it doesn’t change the Workspace preferences, which are stored in a different file. To reset the workspace, go to Window > Workspace > Default, or choose one of your saved workspaces.

This quick trick fixes many Illustrator problems and annoyances in just a few minutes.