• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illegal Corel software message

decalman

I've had Coral draw x 5 for years.
I've stayed off the internet with my work computer. But I've started using the net with my work computer and I'm getting Coral draw warnings that I can't save a file or print or export. I'm using Windows 7. So far I've been able to save files. I cut with Summa cut plot.
I'm not in my shop now so I can't tell if I can cut. The warnings that keep popping up are scary. They want money.

I'm wondering if I'm going to have to reset my computer and reinstall everything. Can someone please explain things please.

I bought the coral software years ago either on eBay or Amazon.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you bought it on Amazon or eBay chances are it is not a legit copy. There are a ton of fakes on there. Especially if you paid well under the normal price

WildWestDesigns

If you bought it on Amazon or eBay chances are it is not a legit copy. There are a ton of fakes on there. Especially if you paid well under the normal price

I would agree with Ebay assessment, but not so much with the Amazon one (unless it came through a 3rd party using Amazon as a middle man).

This actually isn't the first time on here that this has been reported. Adrian (I believe it was Adrian) also had this issue and according to that user, the serial was confirmed to be legit.

CanuckSigns

Did you use the serial # from your copy of X5 to upgrade to a newer version? when we upgraded to 2018, I used my X5 serial number for the discounted upgrade, now If I try to open X5 I get the same message.

Call Corel, they are pretty good about it, if is a mistake they will correct it. Possibly someone used your X5 serial number to upgrade their software? that's basically what cracking software does, figures out the logical chain of numbers/letters in a legit serial number.

But if you bought from ebay, there is about a 75% chance the software is not legal.

dypinc

I've had Coral draw x 5 for years.
I've stayed off the internet with my work computer. But I've started using the net with my work computer and I'm getting Coral draw warnings that I can't save a file or print or export. I'm using Windows 7. So far I've been able to save files. I cut with Summa cut plot.
I'm not in my shop now so I can't tell if I can cut. The warnings that keep popping up are scary. They want money.

I'm wondering if I'm going to have to reset my computer and reinstall everything. Can someone please explain things please.

I bought the coral software years ago either on eBay or Amazon.

Why are you using a work computer running Windows to get on the internet? That is grounds for firing around here.

decalman

I haven't been online with a work computer in years. I thought something was wrong with me because I kept my work computer offline. Now I do it once...and I find out, I was right all along..

The warning told me my coreldraw would be disabled and that I cannot print or transfer files or save documents.
It turns out I can do all those things.

My computer is offline and those warning boxes come up just empty boxes haha

I guess I'll have to fire myself.
Now that would be nice !

WildWestDesigns

My computer is offline and those warning boxes come up just empty boxes haha

I'm speculating here, but it sounds like there is a file(s) on your system that's triggered to look online for the message to display, but since the computer isn't only, it can't display the message. Hence, the empty boxes.

If that is the case, then it may be possible to just find the file(s) and delete those and it should all totally go away.

unclebun

Here's how to fix the bug that displays the illegal software window:
Delete the Corel message folder to correct the issue.

1. Press Windows key + R.
2. Type %appdata% and hit enter.
3. Go to Corel folder
4. Delete the "Messages" folder

Last edited:

unclebun

I guess they call it a bug (I got the fix from a Corel support forum) because there is a part of the program that's meant to find illegal software but sometimes it flags copies of the software that is legit, but once it's done so, it leaves the message in the folder. So the detector software has a bug.

WildWestDesigns

I guess they call it a bug (I got the fix from a Corel support forum) because there is a part of the program that's meant to find illegal software but sometimes it flags copies of the software that is legit, but once it's done so, it leaves the message in the folder. So the detector software has a bug.

That would be a bug, I just have a hard time reconciling it as X5 doesn't require online activation, so there is less of a "need" for this type of mechanism for checking if multiple activations (with different users) has been done.

I guess they started having that in place for when they sent out X6, which did have those needs, who knows.

decalman

I'm speculating here, but it sounds like there is a file(s) on your system that's triggered to look online for the message to display, but since the computer isn't only, it can't display the message. Hence, the empty boxes.

If that is the case, then it may be possible to just find the file(s) and delete those and it should all totally go away.

The message box says something like " you have an illegal pirated copy". Corel will be disabled on your computer. You can't export files.... you cannot save documents, you cannot print. I don't print anyway.

I cut and it seems to work just fine. As long as I can cut save files and export and import I'm happy. What do I care about empty threats from a little box. I bought my corel draw sweet 5 years ago I didn't think nothing of it.
I thought it was legal. It was packaged so attractively.

ikarasu

just type "%appdata%" in your explorer window and it'll bring you there. It defaults you to roaming... Go back and look in local, thats where most app data is saved to.

bmt Promotions

bmt Promotions
If you bought it on Amazon or eBay chances are it is not a legit copy. There are a ton of fakes on there. Especially if you paid well under the normal price.