Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ills white channel?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by TheProfessor, Jan 5, 2009.

1. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I am printing on a Durst RHO with a white channel available. I need to print a file, second sided on plexi, with a white channel without rasterizing in photoshop. My sales rep is afraid the raster will be too soft for the already soft printing of small text on the RHO.

I feel like the answer is something I should know, but I haven't found anyone who knows if you can print a white channel from a vector software without rasterizing.

Help please :)
    -Prof

2. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Have you tried making a spot white, then I'm thinking you overprint the white (go to WINDOW>ATTRIBUTES>select white, hit overprint)

3. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Member

Oct 28, 2008
    thanks, I will let you know if it works :)

4. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I tried 4 different options and none worked... I used the white spot color already in the swatch menu, I added overprint to that swatch, I made a new white spot swatch, and I tried making that same swatch and calling it ALPHA instead of white....

anyone have any other suggestions?