• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ills white channel?

TheProfessor

I am printing on a Durst RHO with a white channel available. I need to print a file, second sided on plexi, with a white channel without rasterizing in photoshop. My sales rep is afraid the raster will be too soft for the already soft printing of small text on the RHO.

I feel like the answer is something I should know, but I haven't found anyone who knows if you can print a white channel from a vector software without rasterizing.

Help please :)
-Prof

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Have you tried making a spot white, then I'm thinking you overprint the white (go to WINDOW>ATTRIBUTES>select white, hit overprint)

TheProfessor

I tried 4 different options and none worked... I used the white spot color already in the swatch menu, I added overprint to that swatch, I made a new white spot swatch, and I tried making that same swatch and calling it ALPHA instead of white....

anyone have any other suggestions?