Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

illuminated Banner Dilemna!!!

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by redline graphics, Aug 27, 2012.

1. redline graphics

redline graphics Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Winnipeg
    Ok, heres the situation. I have 3 signs, 2 @ 4'x10' and 1 @ 6'x18'. At one time these were illuminated banners using the signcomp system. New business moved in. They NEED there signage within the next 5 days. I cannot get the proper banner material here in time. So, My question is.... can i use a regular 13 oz banner in its place? Its translucent enough. But will it work? Any one do something like that? Any thoughts???

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I've gotten away with using 13 oz on a 3x10 sign can. Looked OK both day and night. Not sure with those larger sizes. Think the problem would be the material relaxing and starting to sag after a while.

wayne k
    guam usa

3. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania
    Why cant you get it done in 5 days? Sub the printing out to someone who has the flexface material in stock. No sense in paying for this twice and you will if you expect a 6x18 of crappy banner to hold up.