• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illuminated boat lettering

68dodgeramman

This is a personal request. Don't worry it's not what it sounds, lol. I'm buying a boat. A small boat. And wondered if I can do this kind of effect on it. The only problem is, I haven't worked with LED lighting before. The name would only be about 6 - 8 inches by about 24 at the most. Not even sure if it could be done with that small of a design. I'm getting ready to start fitting out the boat so I just started thinking. Thinking about names and the lettering for it. Maybe thinking too much. Which, the wife says gets me in trouble usually, lol. But I thought this would be way cool. What do you think? Can it be done.

Attachments

• led boat sign.jpg
    led boat sign.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 92

RobbyMac

Cool stuff. We saw a guy selling the technology (or whatever ya call it) at a sign expo a couple years back. It was all done on the Edge. You print/cut the various colors, 'circuit boarding', and then lay it all up together.
A few LeMan's teams run this type stuff for their car numbers so they show up at night during their 24 hr events.

68dodgeramman

That stuff is all real cool, but I like the look of the raised letters during the day. I was thinking of acrylic for the letters but not sure what to do about back lighting for a 12v. system.