• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Actions For Finishing banners

I have a question that maybe someone can help me with. I have Adobe CS 6 Illustrator and I am trying to make a banner finishing action (I'm trying to putting grommets wholes and adding the boarder). Does anyone have a good idea on how to do this.. I know how to make simple actions, but i am trying to make a general action for every size banners. All my attempts to figure out how to make it work has been a fail!! :banghead:

Please Help! :)

Thanks
Dana

MikeD

if your borders are going to be different all the time, but you only want 1 action, maybe you could ALWAYS have your border on it's own layer named "border," and record the step of selecting all items on layer "border," (record clicking the little radio button on "border,")
and then go through the rest of the steps.
It would be easier to figure out if you could provide more details.
Good Luck!

Letterbox Mike

Onyx has a plugin for just this, and it's excellent. It's $200 or $300 I think, which may be steep for some budgets, but if you do a lot of banners it's well worth the price. You can adjust all of the parameters, including grommet locations/sizes, hem and trim marks and sizes, and you can set it to automatically add in different bleeds for different applications, including pole pockets, double-sided (which is a life-safer and automatically flips and mirrors the bleed so when the hem is folded over the printing on the hem lines up perfectly with the imprint on the other side), etc..

Onyx has a plugin for just this, and it's excellent. It's $200 or $300 I think, which may be steep for some budgets, but if you do a lot of banners it's well worth the price. You can adjust all of the parameters, including grommet locations/sizes, hem and trim marks and sizes, and you can set it to automatically add in different bleeds for different applications, including pole pockets, double-sided (which is a life-safer and automatically flips and mirrors the bleed so when the hem is folded over the printing on the hem lines up perfectly with the imprint on the other side), etc..

We are actually looking at that program. However it is not working with my cs 6.. Do you have CS 6.. do you have a problem with it?

Mike F

Tried this one yet?. Let me know if it works for you, I haven't actually used it, it just came up at the top of the google search i did for "illustrator banner grommet". There may be more in the list but I don't feel like digging.