• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Artboard Size

JLD984

Anybody know if there's a way to increase the Illustrator artboard size beyond 6000mm? A plugin or anything?

visual800

I dont know what that conversion is to inches but 10ft is max on artboard BUT you can always scale down and save as eps most vendors can scale back up if they need

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
There is no way to increase the canvas (which is the size you mention) nor an artboard beyond the maximum sizes. The only choice is to work at some scale like 50%....

shoresigns

Don't work in 50% scale. Work in 10% scale so you can simply move the decimal point for all your measurements, instead of doing math.

TimToad

I dont know what that conversion is to inches but 10ft is max on artboard BUT you can always scale down and save as eps most vendors can scale back up if they need

I can create a new maximum artboard size of 227.50" x 227.50" in AI cc.

Sven

Don't work in 50% scale. Work in 10% scale so you can simply move the decimal point for all your measurements, instead of doing math.

Agreed. We do most designs at 10%. Gradients render much faster at this scale too.

TimToad

We're running on the Creative Cloud. I also have CS3, 5 and 6 still on my machine and haven't tried CS3, but both 5 and 6 allowed me to create a new artboard 227.50" x 227.50"

I'm not sure whats up on your end. Software issues are hard to diagnose here sometimes.

Good luck.

Working in 10% is a winner for all the reasons offered earlier.

WildWestDesigns

How? What version do you have. I hace cs5

Here it is in CS6.

I have CS2, CS4, CS5 and CS6, but only CS6 installed at this point.

Been doing the computer two step for awhile, but I should be getting 4 and 5 back in a bit somewhere in a VM.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 131