• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator Automatic File Backup?

I am still getting the hang of Illustrator and am actually doing projects from start to finish now, with minimal need to go back to corel. but anyway, I know that Corel has an auto backup function that in case something happens, when you restart the program it retrieves what ever was left open automatically. I know nothing beats always saving projects as you go along but I was just curious. Thanks

showcase 66

yup.

Had a manager one time that would come by and quick kill autocad just to see if you were saving all the time. Used to **** us off. Now it is pretty much second nature. Do a couple of things "save" do some more "save".

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 will have auto-save capability, but I don't know if that is also being built into Adobe Illustrator CS6.

AI CS6 has been re-written into 64-bit code and also has that Mercury Graphics Engine GPU-assisted thing to make it run faster and more stable. The added stability could make it a little less important to hit Ctrl-S whenever you happen to think about it.