• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Illustrator clipping mask issue

crny1

Hey all,
I know I probably built this file totally wrong in hindsight and looking for a easy way to fix it possibly. Basically the easiest way to explain it is I took a long rectangle background and then put vectors through out it. After the total design was done I made trapezoid type shapes and put on top. Then selected all and did a clipping mask. Problem is now I need to basically pull one piece of it off to a new artboard for printing in order to save material. Versaworks wont allow me to clip and tile each piece and then rotate each piece in order to save material for multiple copies. Is there a way to break the clipped shapes apart individually? Hopefully I explained this well enough that it makes sense.

shoresigns

The easiest way to break apart the clipped shapes would be to release the mask, then separate your trapezoids and mask each of them individually onto a copy of the artwork.

Bigdawg

Just Me
You can also overlap artboards - and even put them on top of each other. If you aren't contour cutting, just put a new artboard over the area you want to print separately and only print that page.

crny1

You can also overlap artboards - and even put them on top of each other. If you aren't contour cutting, just put a new artboard over the area you want to print separately and only print that page.
I have never used multiple artboards as I have never really had a need too. No cutting. They are irregular shaped panels that are going to be wrapped and then trimmed by hand. Can you elborate more on how to do this? thanks

shoresigns

I have never used multiple artboards as I have never really had a need too. No cutting. They are irregular shaped panels that are going to be wrapped and then trimmed by hand. Can you elborate more on how to do this? thanks

Press Shift+O to switch to the Artboard Tool, then click and drag to draw artboards wherever you want them. Each artboard becomes a separate page when you export to PDF. If you're planning to load a multi-page PDF into Versaworks and then arrange them to print together, you might find that you can't rotate one page separately from the others. You'll have to do your rotating in Acrobat, or use Acrobat to split into separate PDFs.