• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator CS3--big improvement on MAC

Former member

Hi Folks, Just upgraded to CS3 this week..... Very much worth the upgrade!
I run it on an Intel Mac.. and the processing is so much faster than CS2, its ridiculous.
The Startup screen is still very slow, but besides that its great!!
You can dock all of the palettes, so theyre not floating everywhere.
The 3D effects are very quick even if you are previewing them.
But what I really like is the new Color Guide feature, it generates a "harmonious" color swatches based from any color you choose...really great for print work. The CS3 eps files drop into VersaWorks no problem.
I didnt upgrade photoshop from CS2 , but it still works seamlessly with the new Ills.
I'm sure I'll find many new features, but so far its been worth it just for the speed improvement...I'm sure this will hold true for PC's:thumb:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
There's a big difference between Illustrator CS3 being able to run natively on a Intel-based Mac versus OSX having to emulate PowerPC functions to run IllustratorCS2.

Supposedly Illustrator's code for both platforms has been streamlined a good bit, so the Windows version should run at least as fast as CS2 if not slightly faster.

I'm looking more forward to some of the additional tools that were added, specifically the tools for manipulating and aligning anchor points. That's been one area where Illustrator had been very deficient when compared to the object editing functions in CorelDRAW. Adobe is finally listening to so many Corel users who also use Illustrator or have migrated completely over to the application.

It's also very nice that FlashCS3 and IllustratorCS3 are now sharing the same vector engine.

Replicator

Illy CS3 is faster and the interface is almost identical to Photoshop,

so for all you Photoshop users who were afraid of Illy . . .

nows your chance to learn !