• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator file gradient issues

ForgeInc

Since the machines have just been setup, i'll give that a try and make sure linearization is on, hope thats it, thats about the only thing we haven't tried! Our resellers have been here all week for training and even they can't correct it.

ForgeInc

Just bumping this thread again. We have continued to struggle with certain gradients on both of our brand new HP printers, with no resolution offered by HP, Onyx, or our reseller to eliminate banding. So we finally downloaded a trial version of Caldera and got it connected to our printers, ran a test print off of our FB machine (just a straight up illustrator gradient) and it looked perfect. No banding at all.

So, if anyone has or is considering buying an HP LX or FB machine, I would highly suggest you go with Caldera instead of Onyx. I'll update this thread if we can find a solution in Onyx, but I have a feeling that pretty soon we will have 2 full versions of Onyx Production house V10 for sale. Stay tuned!

genericname

I know rasterizing it should eliminate this as an issue, but when saving as an EPS, did you select v3 Postscript language instead of v2?

scott pagan

have you turned off "Spot Color Replacement" in the Onyx Preflight? (preview & size>properties>postscript>uncheck "use color table")

with gradient PMS blends i choose to convert the spot PMS to CMYK values, it lends smoother transitions between colors (no gray/light fade out).

i try to avoid rasterizing vector if i can help it.

ForgeInc

Glad you got yours fixed, we will be switching to Caldera in about 2 weeks. Tried every workaround possible, and came to the conclusion onyx w/ our HP printers just don't do gradients well. Should have listened to Merritt when advised to use Caldera prior to making our printing purchases.