• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator file in Flexi

StudioSigns

A client sent me a file in illustrator format that I need to cut using Flexi.
The illustrator file is green but they used a white stroke on a seperate layer to give the effect that the green was cut out. I just need to cut the green for a window graphic. Is there a quick way in either illustrator or flexi to get the effect. I have tried compond, cut out and others but it seems too time consuming to have to do it to each component in the graphic. I attached an image of waht the final graphic should look like. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• FallsFlowers_long 3.jpg
    FallsFlowers_long 3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 128

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
A client sent me a file in illustrator format that I need to cut using Flexi.
The illustrator file is green but they used a white stroke on a seperate layer to give the effect that the green was cut out. I just need to cut the green for a window graphic. Is there a quick way in either illustrator or flexi to get the effect. I have tried compond, cut out and others but it seems too time consuming to have to do it to each component in the graphic. I attached an image of waht the final graphic should look like. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No quick way. You need to expand the stroke into a path for the white and then use it to cutout the green. OTOH, I doubt it would take you more than about 5 to 10 minutes once you're comfortable with the steps.

Tim Kingston

Couldn't you just use the direct select tool ( white arrow ) in Flexi and click on any part of the green , choose "select similar color" and work with that? Or, turn off the white stroke layer in Ilustrator and import that file ( or just the white stoke layer ) into Flexi to cut? Maybe I don't understand, that happens a lot.

visual800

If that is the file they sent it appears to be a jpeg saved as eps dont waste your time. BUT when you get the real file pull it to illustrator save back as version 8 in an ai file and open in flexi