• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator File output for Ioline Plotter

BrendanVail

Hello, I am currently working in New York at a sign shop/tshirt shop using many different softwares. I was wondering if there was a plugin for CS3 that could run files to and ioline cutter.
I was recently transferred to the tshirt side of the business which is all corel instead of adobe and the switch is not easy.
Supposedly our plotter only cuts PLT files, but I can only get those by exporting as a DXF in Illustrator and resaving as a PLT in Corel.

Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to be using Corel Draw.

WildWestDesigns

Best thing that I could see is look at the website of the maker of the plotter to see what they have in the form of plugins.

I know Roland had a plugin for Ai that I use that would send the Ai file to the CutStudio software to save it as a CutStudio file.

That's strange that I see that you don't want to be using Draw. Most of the Ai people that I know about actually like using Draw more the Ai, it's just that Draw isn't as widely accepted as Ai is(more then likely due to Photoshop then anything else, or at least, that's what they think).

BrendanVail

corel is awful its like the opposite of using illustrator. Its like writing with the wrong hand. If I keep having to use it I will be looking for a new job ASAP