• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator / Inner Glow / Oddity

cptcorn

adad
Here is a screenshot. On the right shows my original graphic... When it's printed out the gradient/glow looks like garbage and is pixelated. I resized it minimally for the other side, and the same effect with the same settings, looks ridiculously better... It looks how it should without any pixilation.... anyone have any ideas?

I haven't been this stumped in awhile...
Thanks for your help/input

Alex

Attachments

• sshot20080304.jpg
    sshot20080304.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 122

GK

The gradient glows in Illustrator are notorious for doing this. Expand the fill & flatten the transparency, see if that helps. I normally just end up doing it in PS because it still looks better then Illustrators when its done. Noticed the file was an .eps, try exporting as a .tif too when you are done, see if that helps.

cptcorn

adad
Nothing seems to change anything... eps/tif/ai anything... one really weird thing is:

If I copy the graphic from the left, to the right window, it gets pixilated....

If I copy the graphic from the right, to the left window, it looks absolutely fine....

What's really weird is, I made the left graphic, from the one on the right... I have no idea whats going on... I've been flattening, looking at settings and I just cannot find anything. I would just setup trough photoshop, and then import a flattened tif into illustrator to set the cut paths, but the file on the left, prints out absolutely perfect....

conwaycopies

The only thing i can think of would be to check your Document Raster Settings under the Effects menu (if you haven't already) and make sure you have the same DPI in both documents. with that said, illustrator does some really weird things every now and then. For example, once in a while I'll create a file and print it and it prints in grayscale, but if i cut and paste the artwork into a new document it will print just fine, so go figure.

GK

Just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity, would you be able to check to see if they are both running the same CMYK profile.

cptcorn

adad
Just for the sake of satisfying my curiosity, would you be able to check to see if they are both running the same CMYK profile.

They are the same....

Oh man you guys are going to love this... I havent saved over any files, just to preserve the problem... and now... its not showing up! I really cannot believe this....

batman

honestly... make the dradient in photoshop export it as a flattend tiff and place it in Illustrator. you ight have to mask it. then export it as an .eps or pdf. ...

ps.
always save your work.

cptcorn

adad
honestly... make the dradient in photoshop export it as a flattend tiff and place it in Illustrator. you ight have to mask it. then export it as an .eps or pdf. ...

ps.
always save your work.

You can do that yes.... but the thing is...its working in illustrator on one level, and not at the other.... so it really figuring out why its doing that and not finding a workaround...