• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator - My fonts are disappearing

tanneji

Good Morning from icy mid america!

My fonts have slowly been disappearing out of Illustrator CS2. It started with Monotype Corsiva and then futura and now Arial Black has just gone as of this morning. They are all still in my fonts directory and show up in Flexi 8.1. I have never heard of this. If anyone has any idea please let me know!

Thanks

Joel

Replicator

The more fonts you have installed on the system . . . The more will disappear from your programs.

Try using a font manager to install and uninstall fonts if you aren't already using one !

If you are then just uninstall some fonts you don't need loaded right now . . .

rdm01

While we are on the topic, what is a good font manager that people are
using? I have yet to find one that really works well.

signage

OS can only support so many fonts! Like said use a font management program! Do a search and you will find info on this very subject.

HaroldDesign

Suitcase Fusion is a good font manager, but it isn't free. I've used some free ones that work pretty well, but tend to have a lot of glitches.

SignsOfMaine

Bitstream Font Navigator is awesome, but difficult to find (hint: legally). It was apparently only packaged with some corel stuff. You can make categories and group fonts by a label, preview a selected batch, and see which fonts are installed vs just sitting on the hard drive. Great for organizing.

signmeup

2nd vote for bitstream font navigator. It's the only one I've ever used but it seems to work pretty well. Came free with Corel 12.....maybe you have it on disc already.

riddle80

I use Suitcase fusion and love it! It was around $100 but well worth it! I've got around 3k fonts on my system and it handles them perfectly. I organize them all into categories too so it's easy to find the ones I'm looking for. It took forever, but man does it help! Then again, I'm on a Mac so I'm not sure what's best for PC.

As for your original problem, I'd suggest a reinstall. Maybe delete your preferences first though as that tends to fix most problems. :)