Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illustrator page size?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Signarama Grayslake, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Signarama Grayslake

Signarama Grayslake Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Anyway to make illustrator page size larger than 227"? or is this the absolute max size? Flexi goes up to whatever size you want but i dont like using flexi at all.

Tags:
  2. Mason

Mason Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Boston
    Thats the max

3. rfulford

rfulford Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Orlando
    No way that I know of but why not work at scale? I use 10 to 1 scale for pretty much everything over 10'. Just move the decimal point 1 place to the left and be sure your placed images have 10 times the res you would normally need at 1 to 1 scale.

4. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    +1 :thumb: I do all my designing in Illy and import to flexi then just scale accordingly.

5. 702 graphics

702 graphics Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Las Vegas NV
    I came to illy from flexi. I was upset about this also. I sometimes use flexi to build a fullsize temp and scale it to 1/4 scale then export it to illy. Minus artboard size illy is a far better program than flexi.

6. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    Depending on what you are designing, you can design in Illustrator using CADTools (www.hotdoor.com) and design in scale.